Sunday, May 11, 2014

mom

To Mom:

I remember looking into your eye through the cam recorder lens. 
I remember cross dressing and putting red lip stick all over my face because I wanted to be like you. When you asked me what I was doing all I could say was "it's ok, I'm like you now". 
I remember when I understood the fact that your dad died when you were 11 and the life you had was ten times harder than the life you've given me. 
I remember when I learned that I would be with you for eternity. There is still nothing that makes me more happy than that thought. I remember the things on my pillow at the perfect times. The hugs when I was the perfect height and you could rest your head on top of mine and I felt like I was protected from everything. I'm sorry I've forgotten so many things, but I've always remembered that you are the most important person to me, and you always will be. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Every line pulls me to a different place. "it's ok, I'm like you now" hit me right in the heart.

    ReplyDelete