Sunday, February 9, 2014

Oh to kid

I'm angry. I'm angry about the fact that I can't do whatever I want anymore.

No one applauds me if I jump three inches in the air.

Where's my praise for being able to drink out of cup without spilling all over my face?

I can remember the wheels on the bus go round n' round still too.

I know more words, I can talk in proper sentences, I still know what 2+2 equals,  catching a ball is easy, I have good manners...

But nobody cares anymore.

Dang it. What happens to people? It's horrific? We start being mean and serious. We're boring.

People start telling us what to do as we get older. Before our tiny peanut brains can even understand it we are told what to do. The only difference between an awesome two year old and a boring normal person is that the normal person starts to listen.

I'm also angry that Mr. Nelson favorites the writers that post during the week instead of right before the deadline like me. This is me doing whatever the heck I want because that's really what being a kid is about.

I just want to have a thought, and just do it. Without any rationalizations. And have nobody tell me that what I did was wrong.

I want people to look at me like I'm a kid again. 

I could let out my best dinosaur roar at any time and people would just think I was cute.

I could stick my face into my bowl of ice cream just out of curiosity to see if it would give me a brain freeze.

I could walk around in shoes and t-shirts that are 10 sizes too big.

I would actually be expected to take naps every day.

I could run up and down the rows at church .

I could cut my hair with safety scissors.

I could cut my friends hair with safety scissors.

I could still play with legos and lincoln logs.

I could run around with my shirt off.

I could stare at people.

I could do.

Whatever

I.

Want.



2 comments: