Sunday, March 30, 2014

Today


Today is the day I don't look back, because I don't care anymore. I have nothing. No regrets, no attachments. It's just the future dragging me forward and I can't tell which direction I'm going because the funny thing about the future is you can't see where it's going to go. And I don't want to keep looking back at my past because the past I can see. I know the past and it knows who I have been. And the past keeps clingling to my ankles fighting against where I want the future to take me. The past is heavy. And it always will be. But my will for the future is just getting stronger. I know who I will be, and that's something the past will never have. And even though I'm scared about where this wild ride is going to take me, this little gift called the present keeps helping me feel ok. The present has been a part of it all. The present turns into the past and the present will become the future. 

That's what is real. That's what's right now. The present. Not the past, not the future. The present will see it all.

We're supposed to be real. What's more real than this exact moment. That second that just passed will never be as real as the second I'm living right now. 

Being real isn't the fact that life happens. Being real is the fact that life is happening RIGHT NOW.

Life happened to me. It was real. But what I do about it now is more real than all of the pain. All the failure. All the expectation. All the doubt. The worries. The disappointments. Regrets, grief, remorse, bitterness, anger, resentment, guilt. 

What I do in this moment is just another step closer to forgetting all of that. This moment and the next. And the next. Each moment of my life will be more real. The now moments are above it all. 

It's today.
Carpe diem. 
I'm going to seize it. 

-LV

2 comments:

  1. This whole idea, the current seconds are more real and more honest than anything in the world. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Being real isn't the fact that life happens. Being real is the fact that life is happening RIGHT NOW." I love this line. The whole thing is so great! Good job

    ReplyDelete